wiring light socket, 1920s house, confused about wires

Old 10-21-14, 04:07 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
wiring light socket, 1920s house, confused about wires

Hello,

Me and my girlfriend live in this old apartament building build around 1920
one of the rooms in our apartament is lacking lighting. and id have a light socket that id like to install.
below im attaching images of the place in the ceiling where the light should be.
the wires of the light socket i have got does not have any coloring.
there are 2 silver wires wrapped in transparent plastic sleeves. one of the sleeves has a small bump on it. there is no writing.

i tried to follow some instruction materials but cant reason much through it.

in that room there is a box to turn the light on, and a plug socket. the wire from it goes to middle of the room with this space for light which is on the picture. then from there another second wire to plug socket at the end of the room.

i already know that i need to turn off electricity in the house and about safety. i tried to wire the socket based on instructions found elsewhere first but there was still no light in the room. the plug sockets in the room work without any problems.

i appreciate all the help.

thanks a lot.

Name:  DSC00559.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  24.5 KBName:  DSC00562.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  27.2 KBName:  DSC00561.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  25.1 KBName:  DSC00560.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  24.7 KB

Old 10-21-14, 08:19 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
This is primarily a North American board. Probably no one here is familiar with wiring in Denmark. In this case though the same answer as for North America is probably appropriate. For reasons of liability you should never work on the wiring for a rental. Ask the landlord to do it or with his permission hire an electrician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: