Wiring - Hampton Bay Ventilation Fan

Old 10-26-14, 10:09 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wiring - Hampton Bay Ventilation Fan

Hello - I am replacing an old light/ventilation fan with a Hampton Bay 316-622 model. I want to confirm my wiring setup - as this "quick connect" confuses me a little - even though I think I have an idea how to use it.

I have a single switch that runs 2 wires to the existing fan - white & yellow. The wiring of this new fan is where I am needing help. I have a black & white wire each saying "fan connection", 2 whites - one labeled "night light connection" & the other "light connection", 1 red labeled "night light", and 1 blue "light kit connection". Again, where I am thrown is the "quick connect"... I'd rather strip / use wire nuts.

My thinking is I use my white house wire & wrap all 3 whites around it, but I'm not sure what my yellow wire connects to.... I think it would go to the black "fan connection" and blue "light kit", and then the red "night light" gets covered w/ a wire nut.

Appreciate any help... thanks!

Old 10-26-14, 10:16 AM
Group Moderator
Received 4,156 Upvotes on 3,732 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Your wiring as you have described will work correctly. The fan and light will come on together.

Old 10-26-14, 10:19 AM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
If this is conduit you may want to fish more wires so each function can have its own switch. Your simplex switch could be replaced with a triplex switch so no new box needed*.

*Box fill permitting.

Old 10-27-14, 05:00 AM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks to both answers, much appreciated!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: