? possiblity of exhange round light to differnt style no rewire?

Old 11-20-14, 06:24 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
? possiblity of exhange round light to differnt style no rewire?

We have 10 ft high ceilings and in our hallway we have one round light with glass globe and metal ring. I believe it has 2 light bulbs in it. We are seniors both low vision so this is not enough light but hoping that maybe would not have to rewire but maybe put a kit into where that round light is. If such a thing exists where can we get it at the best price? Thanks in advance for any input you may have.
Old 11-20-14, 06:31 AM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: WI/MN
Posts: 19,075
Received 1,248 Upvotes on 1,192 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Sorry, not following but I think you're asking whether you could replace this fixture with one which throws more light and the answer is you certainly can.

With a 10' ceiling I'd be inclined to put up a ceiling fan with four bulb light kit.
Old 11-20-14, 03:31 PM
Andrew's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 952
Received 14 Upvotes on 10 Posts
You can install some compact fluorescent bulbs in there, perhaps 100W equivalent or higher. This should provide quite a bit of light, without the need to change the fixture.
Old 11-21-14, 09:03 AM
Geochurchi's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,046
Received 159 Upvotes on 145 Posts
You maybe better installing a pendant style fixture which would hang down from the ceiling a foot or two,can you send a pic of the area of concern? Also check the big box stores to see what is available,check at local lighting stores also although they maybe more expensive they will have a much better assortment,be careful of CFL's in enclosed fixtures if they are not rated.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: