Need advise on where to place highhats.

Old 11-20-14, 12:24 PM
E
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need advise on where to place highhats.

I am redoing my house over. I was thing of putting high hats in the front of my house on the first and second floor sofat. Can I get some opions on how many on each one? Do they go over the windows? I also have two lights on the first floor on each side of the door the will be there as well. I have attached a picture also.

Thank you so much in advance.

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  44.1 KB

Old 11-20-14, 03:53 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
You probably only have a maximum of 6" between the soffit and roof decking, so you may have a problem fitting them. They do make shorter version of lighting, but you will either need access to this area or will need to install old work can lights with weatherproof covers. Not sure if such is available. Then you will have the fun job of changing the light bulbs. Is there a reason you want soffit mounted lights? Have you figured how you will get wiring to that area, and how you will control them via switches?

Old 11-20-14, 03:58 PM
E
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No reason I wanted highhats I just need to add some lights. Its very dark by house at night lol.

As far as the second floor goes I was going to tie them into the panel in the attic and the ones on the first floor I would tie into the two lights on the sides of the door.

Old 11-20-14, 04:16 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Maybe recessed LED. Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXOoXzGwurA

Old 11-22-14, 08:07 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 158 Likes on 139 Posts
If you place them above the window it will be easy to change bulbs, but it will be hard to keep the room dark on the inside.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: