reverse bathroom vent switch

Old 11-27-14, 07:01 AM
R
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reverse bathroom vent switch

I don't know if this is possible. I have a reef aquarium and when I feed it I need to shut off the power to the return pump for an hour. I would like to use a bathroom vent timer so when I turn the knob to 60 min it shuts the pump off then comes back on automatically. Someone told me to use a relay. I am not familiar with them. Thanks

Old 11-27-14, 07:21 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
This may be too large for what you want, but it is programmable to NO or NC, auto, manual, countdown timer functions. I use one to turn on my diesel engine heater a couple of hours before I plan on using the truck in cold weather. I have it on auto NO mode so it will turn on the heater at a specified time. If you want to work in manual mode, set it to NC with countdown timer mode and just press the red button when you want to count it down for an hour. After the hour the electronics will release the contacts and turn the aquarium back on.

Old 11-27-14, 07:24 AM
R
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tks. It is an idea. Will check into it.

Old 12-03-14, 06:19 AM
Received 156 Likes on 142 Posts
Here is a timer that would work,but it would have to be installed into a box with a switch and receptacle.it can be done.
http://timerco.com/images/products/A...-018_TGC-E.pdf
Geo

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: