Bypass touch sensor on cabinet lights

Old 12-05-14, 05:05 PM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bypass touch sensor on cabinet lights

I have two sets of cabinets with halogen puck lights in them and to get the lights on I have to turn on the light switch then go over and touch a small piece of metal on the cabinet to turn on the lights. Each time I touch it it gets brighter then after 3 times it turns back off. Is there a way I can bypass that and make it so the lights will come on with just the light switch? There is a transformer and a small wire comes out of it and is attached to the piece of metal I have to touch to turn it on and if I unplug that wire I can't get the lights to come on at all. Is there anything I can do?

Old 12-05-14, 05:19 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,854 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The touch module should be independent of a low voltage transformer. It may just be a module inside a junction box. Are there any part or model numbers on that unit ?
A picture of it may be helpful. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...rt-images.html

Old 12-06-14, 08:05 AM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Name:  IMG_7433.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  32.4 KB Here is a picture of one of them. The small cord coming out the top is the one that goes to the thing I have to touch to turn them on.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: