Ceiling fan light problem

Old 01-20-15, 11:33 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ceiling fan light problem

Replaced old remote and wall switch for my ceiling fan with a harbor breeze universal #0179384 light remote with wall control. All wires hooked up according to specs the fan works but light goes on for only a second then turns off. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to fix this. Thank u.

Last edited by mtagvideo; 01-20-15 at 11:36 PM. Reason: adding on
Old 01-21-15, 02:56 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 10 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Welcome to the forums! If you have all the wiring done according to the manufacturer's specifications and the light is malfunctioning, it would indicate a problem with the fan unit and should be returned to the store for another one. We can't see your wiring so we can't confirm it is proper. If you want to post pictures of the switch pulled from the box as well as the wiring under the fan's canopy, we may be able to help further. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Old 01-21-15, 07:29 AM
Received 188 Upvotes on 168 Posts
If the light works it can't be the fan/light. Before I'd replace the fan/light I would replace the remote unit, Lowes will exchange it. Why did you replace the old remote?

Old 01-22-15, 08:55 PM
Received 83 Upvotes on 78 Posts
Make sure there is not one of those now mandatory wattage limiters that is disabling the bulbs
What kind of bulbs (Lamps) are you using and what is the wattage
I believe most of those devices are rated at either 180W (60W x3) or 120W (40W x3)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: