Varaluz Alternating Current Lighting - 5 watt bulbs

Old 02-13-15, 03:17 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Varaluz Alternating Current Lighting - 5 watt bulbs

Is anyone familiar with Varaluz Alternating Current products?

They are sold by many of the big lighting stores but I can't find much information on their Clean 3-Lt LED Bath Fixture (Alternating Current By: Varaluz | PRODUCT), particularly the 5 watt bulb. I have written to the company and a couple of online sites but received no reply.

I normally don't bother with companies that don't reply but as their site still has greeking I thought their online presence may be in the early development stage.

Old 02-13-15, 07:44 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Alternating Current By: Varaluz | CONTACT US

That's the contact info for alternating-current.net not varaluz.com

varaluz ┬╗ Contact Us

That's for varaluz themselves.

Old 02-13-15, 07:52 AM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Stupidest statement I have read in a long time. From the site:
Alternating Current« is the latest idea from the minds of Varaluz lighting.
We have had alternating current lighting for more then a 100 years. What dumba** came up with that? When a company writes 'stupid' I wonder if they are stupid.

(Yes I know they are using "alternating current" as a brand name but it sounds stupid.)

Old 02-13-15, 09:47 AM
J
What dumba** came up with that?
I agree. Their website isn't up to much and their name makes web searching difficult so I figure if they didn't spend anything on marketing they may have spent it on design and build. It would make a pleasant change.

Old 02-13-15, 09:57 AM
J
That's the contact info for alternating-current.net not varaluz.com
The page claims to represent 'Alternating Current by Varaluz' and lists their address so I am not certain of the difference between the two sites. I'll try the one you mentioned.

Thanks

The contact page on the second site failed to send message and returned an error message.

Old 02-13-15, 11:50 AM
B
Received 47 Upvotes on 43 Posts
I haven't checked any of the links, but from the description they fail the smell test. Would you really provide these people your CC information, or other personal info? We have to program ourselves as spam filters and simple avoid any web sites with any of the many indicators that it is a dark alley you don't want to walk down.

Bud

Old 02-13-15, 02:30 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
jwwbrennan, call the phone # on the second link. See how they handle the call if they answer at all. I don't think that they pass the test either.

Old 02-13-15, 02:44 PM
J
I agree Bud but many places I trust sell their lights. I just had a comprehensive reply from Lighting New York on the bulbs (integrated), warranty (five years) and availability. I often contact a company before buying their product - no meaningful reply, no purchase - but in this case it is not my request. The few reviews I have seen are very positive even about service (albeit I don't know the secret handshake to get to the inner circle).

Thanks

Old 02-13-15, 02:49 PM
J
Pulpo, I'll leave them to their ways; maybe they are having dinner. The information age allows some mighty small outfits seem like a large company.

Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: