Old 02-18-15, 01:13 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help finding suitable LED light for refridgerator light repair

Hi, folks.

I'm new to this forum.
I can start by introducing myself.
I'm Edvard. A 29 year old electrical engineer living in northern europe.

I like to fix things around the house before buying new.

The kitchen at my new house came with an integrated refridgerator inside the furniture when I took over.

But the small light fixture inside had taken a fair amount of beating to the point of needing a replacement. The manufacturer wanted me to pay insane amounts for an original replacement. No way! And I don't want to go through the hassle of replacing the whole fridge. Especially being an integrated model.

I was looking for something as slim as possible and about 20 x 20cm or less with LED and for 230V AC. So that I can solder it on to the wires of the old one, shrink insulate and tuck it neatly in a small pocket inside the chassi. And then glue/silicone the fixture in place. I think around 2 - 3 W should be enough.

Does anyone know about different makes and models of light sources out there that could suit a repair like this? Ebay etc.

Last edited by Selvhjulpen; 02-18-15 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Ooops
Old 02-18-15, 03:31 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
This is primarily a North American forum. Products members are likely to be familiar with are 120 volt lighting devices. However post a picture of the light that is there and perhaps someone will have an idea and you can find the local equivalent in 220 volts. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/li...rt-images.html

Old 02-18-15, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Welcome.
Yeah, a picture would be nice. Any light bulb should be replaceable.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: