Fire Hazard?


  #1  
Old 03-08-15, 05:48 PM
J
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Fire Hazard?

I just replaced a faulty switch in my house, while replacing I noticed 2 things.

1) None of the switches are grounded.

2) on the loop around the switch post, the wire is almost touching itself because its almost a complete circle.

are these fire hazards?
 
  #2  
Old 03-08-15, 06:39 PM
Tolyn Ironhand's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: United States
Posts: 14,388
Received 893 Upvotes on 754 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

1) Fire hazard? no. Shock hazard? Maybe. Is there a ground wire in the box? Does the switch have a ground screw? Is the box metal? It wasn't until the 90's that it was required to ground switches. (IIRC)

2) No. Not at all.
 
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: