Outdoor Landscape Lighting - Help identifying this part and how do I get one?

Old 03-28-15, 05:19 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Outdoor Landscape Lighting - Help identifying this part and how do I get one?

Thank you in advance for your help.

I am trying to identify and figure out how to obtain the small, white piece in the lower right of this picture below. This piece comes from my outdoor landscaping spotlight. As I was working on the light this piece broke (the broken side is not visible in this picture). It bridges between the main 2-wire power line to the 2 pronged light bulb also shown .

They don't have this piece at Home Depot or Lowe's. I've tried a few local electrical supply houses and haven't found one yet that sells to consumers. I can't find this piece online - at least in part because I don't really know what to call it when doing a search.

I appreciate a name for this piece and any thoughts on how to get one. I live in San Antonio.

Thanks!Name:  electrical part - 2.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  40.4 KB

Old 03-28-15, 05:40 PM
Received 161 Upvotes on 147 Posts
Any mfg. Information ? Does that white piece fit inside that spring, really hard go tell much from the pic's
Geo

Old 03-28-15, 07:33 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,051 Upvotes on 3,634 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

That piece is one half or at least a part of the lamp socket. What you need and can search for is a ceramic MR16 replacement socket.

1000bulbs/product/68166/SATCO-802049.html

Old 03-29-15, 07:12 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the response, Geo.

I wasn't sure exactly what kind of pic would be most helpful. The part floats loosely inside the main chamber of the lamp but then the lamp plugs into it (the underside of the piece as it appears in the pic) and the lamp then sits down into the spring of the main chamber (shown in the pic).

It looks like PJMax has a suggestion so I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Keith

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: