LED Light Strip how to double the length

Old 04-08-15, 12:26 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
LED Light Strip how to double the length

Hey all,

So my question is how to get longer than what the max run length is. For instance https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/87...528NW1250.html has a max run length of 16ft say I needed to go 32 feet. I know the easiest answer is just power them both seperately, but I don't really want to do that. Now I have a Computer Power Supply Unit that supplies 12V and is rated for 1000W it has multiple leads coming out of it and each one can power a reel of led strips. No problem. Lets say that it has five leads so I can do five different reels, but one of the reels isn't long enough and I want to double the length. How would I do that? Could I just split the power supply and run 2 reels off of one split lead? Or what would I have to do/know first?

Name:  LEDLightStripExtension.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  18.7 KB

Old 04-08-15, 03:18 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 10 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Their spec sheet shows you need to use their proprietary power supply, and the strips can be connected to each other via pin connectors up to a length of 16 feet, so that 6th strip should be connected to the one where you need the additional length via their pin connector, daisy chain style.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: