Outdoor Lighting - Using Photocell, timer AND Motion sensing

Old 04-13-15, 02:32 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Outdoor Lighting - Using Photocell, timer AND Motion sensing

I want to add a couple 120V outdoor light fixtures at the two ends of a walkway around my house. I want the lights to operate this way: turn On at dusk; stay On for a select number of hours (say until midnight); then after midnight, I want the pair of lights to be motion activated so both lights turn On when motion is sensed at either end of the walk way (but only between dusk and dawn). That would mean the motion switch would need two sensors - one at each end of the walkway as each end is not visible from the other.

I've drawn up a few wiring diagrams using 3 separate switches/relays (photocell, timer, and motion), but I'm wondering if there is a single 120V wired device able to do this that I'm missing. Does anyone know of anything, or have any clever wiring that would make this simple? I figure I may be making it more complicated than it needs to be....

Old 04-13-15, 02:41 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
WigWag's "if this, then that" sensor system simplifies programmable home automation : TreeHugger

Something like that might work. I had a basic timer on an exterior light once. I was constantly resetting it as the sunrise & sunset changed. It was so annoying. I replaced it with an on off switch.

Old 04-13-15, 06:44 PM
C
Thanks for the reply. After looking through the WigWag products, I stumbled on these:

STLDIM10 - RAB Lighting
STL360 - RAB Lighting

now I just need to figure out how I can buy from in Canada...

Old 04-13-15, 07:06 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Support and Contact - RAB Lighting

Contact them.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: