Lights quit working in Ceiling fan

Old 05-18-15, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Lights quit working in Ceiling fan

I have a Hunter Ceiling fan with lights and the lights quit working. I replace the bulbs, but that isn't the problem. I check the voltage at the bulb sockets and they (2 candelabra types) are dead. I suspected it was the light controller (wattage limiter), but when checking the voltage from the fan housing TO the wattage limiter, I get 48 Volts. I cant find anything on line that says what the voltage input of the wattage limit control box is supposed to be, but I would think 48 volts AC is too low??

I read where someone has bypassed the wattage limit control box altogether, but if I only have 48 volts, then I cant see it powering two 120VAC candelabra sockets.

I am wondering if there is another defective part between the power in from the outlet box and the tow leads coming out of the housing to power the light(?). The fan works just fine on all three speeds.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-15, 10:33 AM
Group Moderator
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Is it a single two conductor cable to the fan? Is the fan 2-wire, black and white or is it 3-wire, black blue and white. If the latter redo the blue wire connection with a new wire nut.