way to connect multiple LED strip lights in parallel with 1 transformer?

Old 06-03-15, 06:07 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
way to connect multiple LED strip lights in parallel with 1 transformer?

I have bookshelves on either side of a fireplace that I will be placing LED (12V) strip lights inside. I ran thermostat wire (18-4 ga) from the bookshelf to right of fireplace (that will have 2 light strips) through basement and up under bookshelves on left side of fireplace that will have 4 strips. So there are a total of 6 strip lights. I have one transformer that I am mounting in a cabinet under the left shelves. IT has 2 wire leads for an output. Is there some kind of bus etc where I could have the one output from the transformer and then 6 separate outputs to the lights? I was thinking of something with set screws where I could attach all leads as separate outputs instead of using a bunch of wire nuts.
I was actually thinking of getting two of the Wago 773 (4 conductor wall nuts). Iwould attach the positive lead of the transformer output in one wall nut and the negative in another wall nut. Then I would put all 3 of the positive leads in the positive one and the 3 negative leads in the negative one. Would that work?
Thanks

Dave

Last edited by Dave4242; 06-03-15 at 06:28 AM.
Old 06-03-15, 06:34 AM
Received 161 Upvotes on 147 Posts
There are all kinds of strips on the market.
McMaster-Carr or those WAGO would work fine.
Geo

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: