LED floodlight question

Old 06-29-15, 05:32 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
LED floodlight question

Howdy,

I have a 12 ft long narrow kitchen. Am installing recessed lighting. Ceiling is 7 ft high. 4 lights seem to be too many and 3 lights seem to not be enough - based on lumen output and the beam spread.

What I would like to know for now is - what is the beam spread comparison between a PAR flood and a LED flood. Looking at LED floods, the light source seems to start at the perimeter of the bulb while the PAR light source seems to be from all over the bulb.

In other words, the beam area of a LED flood seems to be much smaller than the beam area of the PAR - true? or not true?

With my regards,

Andy

Old 06-29-15, 06:11 PM
Group Moderator
Received 917 Upvotes on 775 Posts
Are you sure the ceiling is only 7'? That is very low, although I am 6'5".

It will depend on the lamp. The LED lamps I have over my island have a spread, look, and light very similar to a standard PAR 30 65 watt incandescent. However I have seen others where you can see each LED and they perform quite poorly IMO.

The ones I have been using are from Feit High CRI Enhance LED Reflector Light Bulbs According to the website the beam spread is 110. If you select that option you will see the lamps available.

Last edited by Tolyn Ironhand; 06-30-15 at 03:57 AM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: