Name:  light1.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  19.8 KB

Half the lights stopped working, and I noticed that one part looks burnt out:

Name:  light2.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  20.3 KB

Some questions:

* Can I just replace the burnt-out segment? If so, how do I figure out the manufacturer of this system?

* If I have to replace the whole thing, are systems generally compatible? Like, can I install any pendants on any track?

The reason I have this system is because the ceiling is right at the roofline, there is no attic. So, we have the power coming out of a sidewall and just enough hanging from the roof to support the track. Is this the best solution or are there better alternatives now (the house is 10+ yrs old)?

Thanks!

Old 07-01-15, 04:11 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
First, you have to determine if the system is low voltage or not & who manufactured it. Locate the converter(s). There could be more than one since only half the system is affected.

Old 07-01-15, 06:21 AM
Group Moderator
Received 914 Upvotes on 772 Posts
With exposed rails like that it will be low voltage. I have installed many of these type of fixtures. The brand of this type of lighting that I mostly have dealt with is Tech Lighting, which yours appears to be. You should be able to just replace the damaged parts because it is normally sold "A la carte". Be sure that you are sitting down when you get the prices of the new parts.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: