swivel eyeball recessed light

Old 08-07-15, 09:16 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
swivel eyeball recessed light

I am replacing the trim kits on my 6" recessed lights because they are not only mismatched but also coated in layers of caulk and paint.

The existing trim kits are eyeball style which I like but they are two different styles and I only like one of them. The one I like allows the bulb to swivel with the eyeball housing. The big box store varieties do not seem to do this; the eyeball housing swivels but the bulb remains static pointing straight down.

Maybe I overlooked a kit in the stores that functions that way (that means the store associates overlooked it also). Does anyone know of a specific brand of recessed eyeball light that allows the bulb to swivel with the housing? (Note: The existing trim kit with the swiveling bulb does not have any labels or markings on it so I have nothing to go by.)

Old 08-07-15, 10:49 AM
Received 159 Upvotes on 145 Posts
Post a pic of the eyeball you like, it sounds like you have a wall wash and an eyeball,a wall wash usually uses a standard lamp.
Recessed Wall Washer Lights - Bathe Your Wall in Light
Shop Cooper Lighting White Eyeball Recessed Light Trim (Fits Housing Diameter: 4-in) at Lowes.com
Here are a couple of examples.
Geo

Old 08-08-15, 08:54 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
requested pics

First of all, I have to apologize because this fixture was cannibalized. The loose wires were attached to a standard screw base. One would screw that part into the socket at the top of the recessed can, then use the wire clips to attach the trim kit and push it up into place.

The black structure is a cage that not only has a socket to hold the bulb, it (the black cage) also rotates 180 degrees as well as tilting approx. 30 degrees. With the socket fixed in this cage the bulb tilts as the cage tilts.

The black cage is able to rotate because it is attached to the inner ring of the outer housing rings (white). The inner ring is attached on the inside of the hoop of the back cage which has a tiny lip that keeps it from slipping through the outer ring of the housing; this sandwiches the inner edge of the outer ring between them. Together the inner white ring and the hoop rotate on the outer white ring which is held in place when properly clipped in the recessed can.

I hope I have described things well enough. Please let me know if there is anything else I can clarify. All help is greatly appreciated.

Name:  FullSizeRender 2.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  31.0 KBName:  FullSizeRender 3.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  27.2 KBName:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  35.6 KB

Old 08-09-15, 06:19 PM
Received 159 Upvotes on 145 Posts
I have never seen anything like those, you maybe better off taking the trim into a lighting supply house, and see if they can match them.also check on ebay under eyeball trims, you may get an idea there.

Geo

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: