HALO H99TAT Repair/Removal

Old 12-13-15, 10:17 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
HALO H99TAT Repair/Removal

Hi there. I have a faulty HALO H99TAT and I am trying to work out how to remove and either repair it or replace it. This is recessed into the main floor ceiling, which is completely finished and I have no access to the cavity between the main floor and second floor. The problem I am having is that this light, 1 out of a set of 4, has no power. It worked originally, was flaky like it had a bad connection. Now nothing. I am hoping there is someway to drop the canister which surrounds the bulb down so I can see whats going on, verses opening up the ceiling with is finished with knock down, and would require the whole room to be redone with knock down again. Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-15, 10:25 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,036 Votes on 960 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I moved you to your own thread. All Halo recessed fixtures have the ability to be removed for service. You'll need to grab the trim ring and pull the can down. You'll see it's held in place with three spring loaded clips.

Name:  aer135-6-halo-4-recessed-non-ic-shallow-ceiling-housing-h99tat-2.jpg
Views: 2079
Size:  23.9 KB

There may be a heat safety sensor switch above the light socket that may be defective.

Old 12-13-15, 10:29 AM
P
Well that's great and thanks for the quick response. Can I assume I can do this from below, with no access to the ceiling cavity? I will take a look at what I can see click wise in the canister. Thank you so much!

Old 12-13-15, 10:31 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,036 Votes on 960 Posts
Yes... the white cone shaped piece pulls straight down. The can will then be hanging by the cable. You can reach thru the hole to access the junction box.

Old 12-13-15, 12:33 PM
Received 66 Votes on 62 Posts
Give it a slight twist as you pull down.

Old 12-13-15, 01:32 PM
P
Fantastic! I have it out. Thank you so much! You have saved the day. Now I just need to work out whats wrong with it. Have a great day!