Ceiling fan and light switch at two locations

Old 12-25-15, 02:15 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ceiling fan and light switch at two locations

Hello there,

I'm new to the forum and need some help. I have some basic knowledge of electricity and feel confident I could figure anything out if I stare at it long enough. Anywho, I plan on removing a light fixture to install a ceiling fan. I would also like to install a dimmer switch for the light on the fan and fan speed control on the wall at two locations. The plan is to install 2 switches upstairs and 2 downstairs, the fan will be located near the entryway of the home. Has anyone found instructionals anywhere for that purpose? The ideal switch will look something like this one I found on amazon however with a light dimmer.

Westinghouse 7787500 Ceiling Fan and Light Wall Control - Westinghouse Universal Fan - Amazon.com

Thanks you in advance for any valuable information.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-15, 10:10 AM
Group Moderator
Received 477 Votes on 447 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The plan is to install 2 switches upstairs and 2 downstairs
Why four switches ? Your link shows combo switches.

You're looking for three way control (one device from two locations). I have not seen any wired in combo units the operate three way.

In looking into the switch you linked to.... it appears that you may be able to run switches in series. They don't discuss it but it may possible. This link is the installation instructions. Westinghouse has a tech help line you could try.
westinghouse lighting/pdfs/products/7787500_im.pdf

They do make wireless fan controls that mount in a switch box and don't require any wiring.
I'm looking into them now.