Air switch for lighting

Old 01-08-16, 06:48 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Air switch for lighting

I am getting ready to remodel my kitchen which includes a large island with a sink. I want to use Insinkerator style air switches on either side of the faucet to control the disposal and the overhead pendant lighting. For the pendents I was hoping to be able to get a compatible switch that would allow a low and high settings for the lights (press once for low, twice for high, three times for OFF). I would most likely use incandescents if that is most appropriate. Looking for help in the selection of a switch which could be controlled by the air switch. Here is a sample of the air switch I want to use.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Attached Images  
Old 01-08-16, 07:25 PM
The ISE air switches are intended only for a device that is plugged into it, obviously mostly a disposer.
The pendants require house wiring.

Old 01-09-16, 06:00 AM
I'm posting a picture of the plunger and air module. Maybe someone knows of some type of plug-in transmitter that can be used.

Name:  sinkswitch.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  17.6 KB

Old 01-10-16, 05:22 PM
Received 188 Upvotes on 168 Posts
For the pendents I was hoping to be able to get a compatible switch that would allow a low and high settings for the lights (press once for low, twice for high, three times for OFF). I would most likely use incandescents if that is most appropriate. Looking for help in the selection of a switch which could be controlled by the air switch. Here is a sample of the air switch I want to use.
It might be possible for someone to design an interface relay between the pendant light and an air switch, but it would probably require some extensive rewiring of the house wiring feeding the pendant light, possibly routing it under the sink through a relay. I am not terribly familiar with the air switches, but know enough about them to know that they were originally designed by Emerson Electric to control their hottub pump motors. It was a good idea that InSinkErator decided to adapt to their disposers.

Old 01-10-16, 06:31 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Expanding on Joe's information here is a type of air switch that you might be able to use. It is hardwired and could probably be mounted in a box. This one says maximum 240v/16a so it should work. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Spa-P...00009.3.mVgXCL

Last edited by ray2047; 01-10-16 at 10:58 PM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: