Timer light switch for exterior lights?

Old 01-12-16, 08:05 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Timer light switch for exterior lights?

Hi guys. First post. Just purchased our first home and have been coming and going for weeks doing painting and touch up. Staying till dark, would love to set up a 5 or 10 minute timer on the outside lights so that we can walk to the cars and not have it be pitch black every night. Not super keen on leaving the nights on all night altho I guess that's not a big deal.

Just looking to see if there are any options for timed light switches that I could run the outside lights on?

I envision either a press this button for 5 minutes on style switch, or maybe one like the old style bathroom heater where you would spin it and it would count backwards until off. I guess whatever will leave the lights on for a few minutes so we can lock up the interior, and then get out to the driveway without having to use headlamps or phone flashlights.

Thanks guys!

Old 01-12-16, 08:34 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,324 Upvotes on 2,067 Posts
Search for timer switches. Lutron is one brand that comes to mind that has switches that will do what you want.

Old 01-12-16, 11:00 AM
Group Moderator
Received 4,154 Upvotes on 3,730 Posts
They make pushbutton timers in several different time settings. Most home improvement stores have them. They're good for bathroom exhaust fans too.

Name:  pb.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  18.1 KB

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: