Honeywell RPLS730B - how to select a program

Old 03-19-16, 01:52 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Honeywell RPLS730B - how to select a program

Installed a Honeywell RPLS730B programmable wall switch last summer to control a single outdoor light over the side garage door - basically, turn on at dusk and turn off at dawn automatically. Set up Program 1, everything worked okay. For the fall I set up Program 2 and it worked fine. For the winter, I added in Program 3. Now that I want to go back to Program 1, however, I cannot determine how to select a DIFFERENT program than the active one. The User Manual tells me how to SET a program, and CLEAR one, but not how SELECT a different one. Whatever I try, when I close the switch door, the program returns to the active one (Program 3). How do I select and make active my program of choice?

Old 03-19-16, 04:28 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,149 Upvotes on 3,726 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Confusing.... aren't they.

That timer is capable of setting seven programs. That is one program for each day if you want each day to be different. If you want all seven days to be the same..... you need to re-write program one..... and use a single program. Multiple programs that overlap will confuse the timer.

That timer has daylight savings provision.

Here's what I do.... I set the DST to on. I set the zone I'm in. The timer will give you approx dusk and dawn times..... which can be used or changed. I fine tune them. I program the timer to turn on at dusk and off at a certain time. I rarely need the dawn time as most of my customers want on at dusk and off at 10pm or midnight. The timer will shift the time that the lights come on to match dusk.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: