Dual Switch - LED and Bathroom Exhaust

Old 04-10-16, 11:28 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dual Switch - LED and Bathroom Exhaust

I have a 6W Phillips MR16/GU10 dimmable LED and lavatory exhaust fan wired to the same single gang box. Currently there is a dual decora single pole switch module installed. I'd like to be able to dim the LED but can't find a combo switch to do this. The Lutron product is specifically for only incandescent/halogen lamps. The Leviton has a dual fan/light controller with two knobs but no pushbutton on/off, and I'm not sure it will work with my fan as it says it's for ceiling paddle fans with split-capacitor or shaded pole motors only. Don't necessarily need speed control for the exhaust fan, just dimming for the LED. Does anybody know of a product that will work?

TIA
Mike

Old 04-10-16, 12:56 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,046 Upvotes on 3,630 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

No.... I don't know of a switch that is available for your application.

I had a similar problem with a customer and put in a separate box and dimmer. The switch turned the light on and off and the dimmer was used for adjusting the light.

You may be able to change your single gang box to a two gang box.
Let us know if you are considering that.

Old 04-10-16, 01:24 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks PJMax.

Another option is just to go back to a 50W halogen MR16, which would be compatible with any of the dimmers. Not much difference in total energy use considering it's so intermittent.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: