Is this fixture a motion sensitive light?

Old 04-30-16, 01:51 PM
N
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Is this fixture a motion sensitive light?

Hello:

I have a light bulb installed outside my door, and for some reason, it seems to have a mind of its own sometimes it lights on when I switch it on, and (most times), it lights for an instant before switching off.

I have also noticed that the light bulb sometimes comes on when I walk to the door at night, as if it may detect motion?

Can someone help me understand what this is, and what the different settings at the bottom (Range, Man Override Bypass, Test, 1, 3 5) are?

Thanks!
Name:  OutsideLight.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  26.3 KB

Old 04-30-16, 02:05 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Exclamation

Not sure about override but I think if you shut it off will work on your switch. Sensitive setting will adjust distance usually. test 1 3 5 are different times the light will stay on. 1 usually the less time and 5 the most. depends on light on how long it is.

Old 05-01-16, 10:14 AM
Received 14 Upvotes on 10 Posts
TEST will allow you to set the range during the day. It bypasses the photocell so you can walk around and adjust the settings to your liking. As mentioned, the numbers indicate the time, in minutes, that the light will stay on after motion is detected. I believe the bypass just bypasses the motion electronics and allows you to control the light manually with your wall switch.

Old 05-01-16, 05:24 PM
Received 727 Upvotes on 643 Posts
Just a side note. When those sensor get old they become unreliable. The motion detection becomes flaky at best. Usually they are cheap enough to replace after 5 to 7 years.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: