Has anyone seen a fixture like this?

Old 05-02-16, 05:37 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Has anyone seen a fixture like this?

Hello everyone. I would like to know has anyone ever changed the tubes in a fixture like this? I can wiggle the fixture side to side and the buttons on either end aren't twistable. The entire fixture can be pushed up and the buttons again stay put. The fixture is lightweight and I fear yanking down incorrectly. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images     
Old 05-02-16, 05:56 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Jersey
Posts: 65,497
Received 4,059 Upvotes on 3,642 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Usually in a fixture of that type..... one of the ends is removable.
Other times.... the plastic will slide more towards one end then the other and come out that way.
Old 05-02-16, 05:59 PM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 27,204
Received 1,949 Upvotes on 1,749 Posts
Kind of looks like there is a set screw on each end. Probably loosen both of them and slide the cover to one side like Pete said. Then if you flex it open wider, it will be able to slip over the side where it's free, and you can pull it out of the other.
Old 05-02-16, 06:07 PM
czizzi's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6,541
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Try pushing the cover up and then to either side. I have a "cloud" fixture and that is how mine operates. The cover basically hangs on hooks. You raise it and push to the side to release if from the hooks.
Old 05-02-16, 08:33 PM
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 95
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I have that fixture. The cover hooks onto U-ridges in the sides of the fixture chassis

Push up on both sides. Now push the cover to one side (not one end). That side can then be lowered past the U-ridge on that side. Then either leave the cover hooked on the other side, or push the cover the other way and lower the cover from the fixture.

To replace the cover, hook it on one side, then swing up the other side up past the U-ridge. Then center the cover on the fixture and lower it onto both U-ridges.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: