Z-Wave smart on/off and 3-way dimmable switches

Old 10-17-16, 12:05 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Z-Wave smart on/off and 3-way dimmable switches

Hello all,

I've got a three switch gang box in my entryway I'm upgrading to a smart setup. SmartThings hub is currently on its way fyi. If y'all could help with nailing down the best choice for my switches in this box I would super appreciate it!!

One is a 3-way standard switch that I'm converting to a 3-way dimmable smart switch. Still deciding on what to go with but I'm leaning towards the GE 45613 Z-Wave Wireless Lighting Control Three-Way Dimmer Kit (currently selling for $61.95). Totally open to any suggestions on a different setup for this??

The other two switches are for outside (porch/garage sides and streetside lamp) lights that I want to convert to smart on/off smart switches... thinking GE Z-Wave Wireless Lighting Control On/Off Switch, In-Wall, 12722 (currently $36.27 a pop) And also very open to recommendations for this also.

I've also considered the ZOOZ Z-WAVE PLUS ON / OFF TOGGLE SWITCH ZEN23 - 2 PACK as they are selling for $49.90 (+ shipping?) for the pair which would be a significant savings... but quality/performance is very important to me as well and I don't want to sacrifice too much to save a few bucks. From what I've gathered so far, these Zooz pole switches aren't quite as high a quality build as the similar GE Z-Wave Wireless Lighting Control Smart Toggle Switch, In-Wall, White, 12727 selling for $34.99 right now. However, I'm also intrigued at the fact the Zooz switches are Z-Wave Plus while I'm pretty sure the GE switches are only Z-Wave. Not sure how many advantages I would be getting there vs giving up...

I'm very anxious to get this first major step in my smart home project accomplished before our week vacation in a few weeks (for obvious reasons) and so greatly appreciate the help provided here!!

Last edited by Simmeltron; 10-17-16 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Clarifications
Old 10-17-16, 03:20 PM
S
And now... the more I look.... I find Eaton RF9540-NAW ASPIRE Single-Pole Multi-Location Master Dimmer Light Switch, Alpine White paired with Eaton RF9542WS ASPIRE RF Non-RF Accessory Dimmer with LEDs, White Satin for the 3-way dimmer setup costing $49.31 + $20... these look pretty sweet and beautifully designed.... decisions decisions.....

Old 10-17-16, 11:24 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
It's going to be pretty much trying out the newer switches.
I've used the GE products with favorable and reliable results.

When purchasing control switches like these keep in mind that some require a minimum lamp wattage to work properly as well as a neutral is required and may not be at all locations.

Old 10-19-16, 08:35 AM
S
Thanks, however I guess that's what I'm hoping to learn from other members' experiences. Those that have used the switches I have listed in my original post, and open to hearing about any other switches you all have experience with. What was good, what was bad? Did it work well with led bulbs?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: