Bathroom LED fixture

Old 11-04-16, 01:37 PM
tpm
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bathroom LED fixture

Hello, trying to first place a chrome round cover on the steel light box ( above bathroom sink ). The holes don't match up to the electric box. It has a cross arm with the center hole for a stud but I don't need that. Simply want to somehow secure the round finish cover to the box which has the two mounting screws on a diagonal . The chrome cover has a center hole for wire access. The actual light mount is screwed into the wall on either side of electrical box
I hope this makes some sense. The chrome finish cover has white protective film if you look at pictures

Thank you

Tom

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-16, 02:54 PM
Group Moderator
Received 516 Votes on 486 Posts
You can remove the fixture bar from the junction box and attach that round cover directly to the box.

The screw holes in your plate should line up with a round electrical box like you have there. If they don't line up...... there are different fixture bars available.

Name:  fixture bars.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  37.0 KB

Old 11-04-16, 03:27 PM
tpm
They don't line up. That would be too easy. Thinking of using just one screw and a dab of silicon on other side. Fixture will go over it although the top and bottom of cover will be visible as fixture is only about 2" wide.
And like I said the fixture bracket actually gets screwed into wall on either side of electrical box with mollys

Old 11-04-16, 04:35 PM
Group Moderator
Received 516 Votes on 486 Posts
Then you need a different fixture bar. You'll see some in my picture that have multiple threaded screw holes. Your fixture my be designed for a 3-1/2" bar box and you have a 4" one there.

Old 11-04-16, 04:50 PM
tpm
I'll check HD tomorrow. Thanks