Z-wave 3-way switch question

Old 12-20-16, 05:23 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Z-wave 3-way switch question

Iím probably making this way too difficult, but I need some guidance for installing a Leviton z-wave 3-way switch (Switch is VRS15-1LZ and Remote is VP0SR-1LZ). Worked my way through college as an electrical go-fer, so just barely enough knowledge to be dangerous.

My current wiring is a duplex box in the kitchen, feeding the current 3-way switch. The other 3-way switch is in a bedroom. The kitchen box contains both the line and load wires feeding the patio light fixture. The bedroom box has only the end run for 12-3-wire.

Levitonís instructions call for the VRS15 to be installed in a box on the load side of the circuit and the remote to be on the line side (see diagram).
Name:  Install Schematic.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  26.0 KB

With both the line and load wiring on the kitchen side, can I put the VRS15 in that box and the VP0SR remote in the bedroom, using the following diagram? This is the only alternative I can think of without running new wire or starting a fire somewhere.Name:  Install Schematic Revised.jpg
Views: 1017
Size:  29.5 KB

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to all

Old 12-20-16, 10:09 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,992 Upvotes on 3,583 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Yes....your revised wiring diagram is correct.

Old 12-20-16, 02:47 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Many thanks for the prompt response. Good to know senility hasn't taken over completely.

MJDub

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: