LED light fixture flickers only when other appliances are on

Old 12-23-16, 06:10 PM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
LED light fixture flickers only when other appliances are on

I installed a new 6 bulb LED fixture where an old 2 bulb incandescent fixture was. The bulbs are the Edison style bulbs and are definitely dimmable. When the switch is all the way up on the brightest setting, the bulbs flicker - only when other outlets are drawing power. They never flicker when on a lower setting (maybe 2/3 brightness). The confusing part is that the new fixture should be drawing less power in theory and also, it doesn't matter where I plug in a little handheld vacuum, they flicker. Even in a different room that's on a completely different circuit. I already pulled the light down and re-tightened all of the connections. I don't have a ground wire coming from the junction box - just a hot & neutral...could it have anything to do with the way this fixture is grounded? Any initial thoughts?

Thanks!

Last edited by Imreced; 12-23-16 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Troibleshooting
Old 12-23-16, 06:21 PM
I
Update

I've noticed some random flickering as well...in other words, the handheld vacuum creates a flicker 100% of the time, but there's still some sporadic flickering throughout the day.

Old 12-23-16, 06:37 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
could it have anything to do with the way this fixture is grounded
No. As a test replace the dimmer with a regular switch. If no problems then try a different brand of dimmer.

Old 12-23-16, 07:34 PM
I
ok, thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking more along the lines of a malfunctioning switch but never considered compatibility which sounds like it could be. Merry Christmas

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: