Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Electrical, AC & DC. Electronic Equipment and Computers > Lighting, Light Fixtures, Ceiling and Exhaust Fans
Reload this Page >

Light Bulb Socket Adptr from E12 to E26 Screw Enlrgr for led bulb on Ceiling Fan

Light Bulb Socket Adptr from E12 to E26 Screw Enlrgr for led bulb on Ceiling Fan

Old 01-26-17, 08:13 AM
U
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Hi. I have a ceiling fan with 4 e12 base lights. I want to switch from e12 cfl lights to e26 led lights. when i use the adapter/enlarger on the fan, the led light does not come on for any of the four light sockets.

I tested the led bulb that i am using and it works. i also tested the led bulb with the adaptor on a different lamp, and the led lights with the adapter do work.

I read that sometimes the light socket on the may contain a small metal contact tab at its base and that tab needs to be pulled up some so that the led bulb can make appropriate contact with the socket. The fan sockets do not contain a metal tab at the bottom. Is there something I do to make this work the adapters I have and with the led bulbs that I have?

I attached a pic of the type of adapter to be used and also a pic of one of the light sockets on the fan. Thank you for your insight.
5x Light Bulb #A Socket Adapter Candelabra E12 to Medium Base E26 Screw Enlarger

Attached Images    
Old 01-26-17, 11:42 AM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
the light socket on the may contain a small metal contact tab at its base and that tab needs to be pulled up some so that the led bulb can make appropriate contact with the socket. The fan sockets do not contain a metal tab at the bottom.
So what is at the bottom? Your picture isn't clear enough for me to see.

Old 01-26-17, 12:02 PM
U
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
hi ray2047. thanks for your response. i tried to get a pic close enough to the empty light socket but as you can see, it did not come out too great. i looked at the fan's light socket base and it looks to me like there is a red/maroon circle with a hole in the center of the circle. Through this hole you can see the very beginning (base) of the light socket.

Old 01-26-17, 01:47 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Perhaps someone else is familiar with what you describe I'm not. I'm wondering if the E12 "nipple" on the adapter is just to short for the fan light socket.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: