Track lighting bulb replacement/issue

Old 02-21-17, 08:47 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Track lighting bulb replacement/issue

Good Morning,

I tried replacing a track light bulb (Philips MR16) into my track light socket. No matter what I do, I cannot get the bulb in the socket (didnít have a problem with my other lights) and I am assuming the little gold socket holes (see picture) are damaged? I removed the light from the system to get a better look at it.

I took a picture of the entire track lighting system and the light itself. Iíd be willing to buy a new light, but I don't know the brand of the system (it was already installed when I purchased the house).

Does anything know this brand? Can I purchase one of the lights instead of messing around with the socket? Is there a better fix?

Name:  Picture 1.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  15.3 KBName:  Picture 2.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  27.6 KBName:  Pcture 3.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  12.8 KB

Old 02-21-17, 09:47 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,882 Upvotes on 3,479 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Sometimes it takes wiggling the bulb to get it to go back in.
That is a replaceable socket.

I don't recognize the fixture but I do see a partial name on it in the picture.

Old 02-21-17, 10:27 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The name you see on the 2nd picture just says "20 watt max." It isn't a name. Do you know anything about the replaceable socket, such as where to buy one or the size/name?

Old 02-21-17, 10:36 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,107 Upvotes on 1,886 Posts
I have had halogen socket/bases go bad. The extreme heat is very hard on them. Removal and installation of the bulbs becomes difficult and eventually they start to flicker and not lite unless you wiggle them. As for finding a replacement start searching the web for photos though it might be difficult as many halogen lights have disappeared from the market and replaced with LEDs.

Old 02-21-17, 04:49 PM
Group Moderator
Received 860 Upvotes on 723 Posts
If the rail of the track is a rigid aluminum rail it might be Tech Lighting. Looks very similar to their stuff. You might be able to find a name on the inside of the canopy attached to the ceiling.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: