Ceiling fan: connecting wall transmitter

Old 03-25-17, 06:56 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ceiling fan: connecting wall transmitter

I am replacing an old ceiling fan with a new one with a wall transmitter. The transmitter has a warning- hook up in series only, and I want to be sure I have it correctly wired.

The wiring is as follows: Wall box- 2 wire source with ground. Source black spliced together three other black- two leading to other circuits and one leading to wall transmitter. Black exiting transmitter to ceiling fan receiver. White exiting receiver returning to wall box spliced together with source neutral and two neutrals leading to other circuits. Grounds spliced together in wall box and receiver properly grounded to fan hanger.

Fan/lights are working properly. The other circuits are working properly also. I just did not anticipate the splices to other circuits (light/outlets) in another room.

I want to be certain I am not risking damage to the transmitter or a potential hazard. Any info would be appreciated.

Old 03-25-17, 07:46 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,996 Upvotes on 3,586 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

It would help to know what the make and model of the system is you are using.

I'm guessing that wall control has two black wires and a possible ground wire.
Your connected way would be correct as you have the control in series with the hot wire.

What they don't want to happen is to have hot and neutral both connected to the switch as that would be a dead short.

Old 03-25-17, 08:02 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Old 03-25-17, 08:08 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,996 Upvotes on 3,586 Posts
Thanks for the link. Yes.... your wiring is correct.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: