Flourscent Tube Lights


Old 04-07-17, 11:16 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Flourscent Tube Lights

I was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction im looking on buying some UV tube lights ive found some but im confused because i can only see say a T8 tube light thats 450mm but i can only find light fixture that are 2ft long so obviously the tube wont be long enough so i was wondering how do you set up a tube that 450mm if there is no fixture the same size or do i just need to look in the right place? also i want to pick up 2x 20w lights so should i get a 40w twin fixture or 20w ?? thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-17, 02:05 PM
chandler's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 39,967
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the forums! You are in the UK, and while we are basically a North American forum, our answers may not be as concise as you need. 450 mm is 17.72 inches, and I don't know of any fixture that size. You may have them in the UK, but it would be a local thing. Keep in mind, too, you are working off 230 volts at 50 Hz, while we run lighting usually at 120 volts and 60 Hz. I would check local electrical supply houses for the proper size fixture. UV lighting is a different animal and may require specialized fixtures to keep down confusion of fluorescent versus UV.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: