Driveway and outdoor lighting fixtures and bulb advice

Old 04-25-17, 10:15 AM
Driveway and outdoor lighting fixtures and bulb advice

Hey,

This is Calle. I am new here, and have posted an introduction, I hope it shows up soon.

I live in a rural area in East Texas, and have installed some metal poles, about 8 ft high on my drive way and back yard on my rural property, and am connecting it to AC power.

I want to put some nice light fixtures, especially on the poles along the driveway, as that will be an area with visitor traffic, and I want nice lights.

However, I also want the lights to have dusk/dawn sensors, and have BRIGHT bulbs as where I live is very dark and rural. I prefer to have a light color which does not attract rodents, wasps, etc.

These will be installed on poles, light the street lamps we see.

I am also looking for some lights with motion detectors for my back yard, I read about Steinel lights, are these any good?

http://shopl.steinel.net/p/fl-300w-o...pholders?pp=24

I will also need lights in my barn, which type of bulbs should I get? I mean, I guess LED, but any thoughts on brand/lumens etc.

If I can answer any questions let me know.

you all are so kind,

Calle

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-17, 12:33 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.
I am new here, and have posted an introduction
Introductions are not needed and may be deleted.
have installed some metal poles, about 8 ft high on my drive way and back yard on my rural property, and am connecting it to AC power.
Are the lights 120 volts? What types of lights. How many watts is each light. How far is the furthest light from the main breaker box?

Old 04-25-17, 01:42 PM
Thank you @ray2047

The lights will be 120 volts, well, the wiring is 120 volts. I need to get light fixtures that will work well and appropriate bulbs.

Do you know which type of light fixtures I should look for? And from where?

The furthest light may be about 100ft from the main breaker box, but there may be some additional junction boxes I think...does that help in the functioning?

Really looking forward to some leads on quality lighting fixtures

you are so kind,
Calle

Old 05-01-17, 05:17 PM
I my RAB security lights, they turn on when a cat walks by and they don't turn on when they're not supposed to. I don't think they're to hansom looking though so I'm not sure they meet your criteria.

Last edited by ray2047; 05-02-17 at 01:32 AM.