A well-made 3-way lamp bulb socket

Old 05-08-17, 05:35 PM

Can someone here do me a favor by recommending a good 3-way lamp socket that I can buy online? The one in one of my old table lamp just gave out and only works sometimes. I'm guessing there are a lot of junk ones being sold and I don't really want to have to repeat this in another year or two. Thanks up front,

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-17, 06:13 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I don't know why you can't pick up one at a box store Westinghouse 2-1/2 in. 3-Way Turn-Knob Socket-7041200 - The Home Depot or at a local electrical supply house.

Old 05-08-17, 06:21 PM
Group Moderator
If only such a thing still existed. Between Leviton and Westinghouse there is very little difference. Both are not like they used to be. I keep several on hand and change them constantly.

Old 05-08-17, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator
Like Pete said. I used some Leviton 2 bulb splitters to add more bulbs in my garage for better lighting. When I changed bulbs they would arc and flicker. I actually had to disassemble the darn things to see how they were made (cheaply!) and clean this, bend that, stake those to get them to work correctly. Now I just automatically take them apart and do my "upgrades" before installation.

These were plastic of course, I would hope the metal kind for lamps would be somewhat better.