How can I make a blank cover for a one gang box flush with the sheet rock?

Old 07-23-17, 03:14 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How can I make a blank cover for a one gang box flush with the sheet rock?

My husband and I installed a decorative light which is a winding serpent shape and has an LED light running the winding length of the fixture. It's designed to sit flush on the wall, the LED casting light on the wall. There is a second outlet on the wall just above this fixture's box. We covered the second box with a blank cover we painted to blend in with the wall color. Part of the winding fixture runs over this blank cover. This cover protrudes from the wall surface just enough to push the fixture out from the wall surface and thereby throw off the effect of the LED light's cast light on the wall. What I want to know is if anyone knows of a cover that would be flatter on the wall. Or any suggestion how we put on a blank cover that would sit flush with the wall surface.

Unfortunately, the wiring runs upwards inside the wall to the top (second) outlet. The wiring for the first outlet, to which we are wiring our fixture, runs from the second outlet. So we cannot just pull the wiring from the second outlet and close up the wall. I hope I've not confused you.

Old 07-24-17, 06:15 AM
Received 727 Upvotes on 643 Posts
Send a picture.________________________________________

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: