recessed lighting kitchen

Old 07-26-17, 10:31 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
recessed lighting kitchen

hey everyone,

I made a post awhile ago, but have a better way to describe my issue.

So, I'm not that knowledgable in electrical work.

Basically I replaced a recessed light with a new recessed light like this: Light

My question is if I can have multiple electrical boxes. I live near Chicago by the way so everything is with conduit and no ground wires.

So originally the light was set up like this: Conduit to metal box/ armored cable exits box into recessed lighting can.

There's almost no room and no attic for me to reach or remove the box. I wanted to know if I can set it up like this now: Conduit to metal box/ armored cable from box to metal box (one that's already attached/connected on new recessed lighting can I linked an image to before) then from there it's a short armored cable from the metal box to the can light ( again already attached as can be seen in previous image.)

I drew a quick image that might help show it better. On the top is how it was, on the bottom is how I want to do it. I just want to make sure this is safe and up to code. I appreciate all help immensely. Thanks in advance! Diagram

Name:  b6Bjjvm.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  48.0 KB

Last edited by ray2047; 07-26-17 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Add image.
Old 07-29-17, 03:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 196 Upvotes on 172 Posts
As long as you can access both boxes and you remain under the limit for flexible conduit I cannot think of any issues. Why not just replace the armored cable with a longer piece and avoid the extra splice?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: