Ceiling fan receiver question

Old 08-10-17, 07:36 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ceiling fan receiver question

I recently purchased a home that has a remote control ceiling fan. The previous owner told me a few weeks after we moved in that the movers must have packed the remote. Then she proceeds to tell me the the fan quit working and someone told her that the receiver was bad. Nice.

So, I have no idea what make the fan is because there are no visible markings on it, and I do not have a step ladder tall enough to find an identifier. I am hoping for two things here,first can anyone identify the fan, and second is it cost effective to replace the receiver and remote or buy a new fan? Thank you in advance

Name:  IMG_0071.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  23.4 KB

Old 08-10-17, 07:57 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,893 Upvotes on 3,490 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Any markings would be on the top of the motor unit. Even if you knew the make and model number you would have to locate the receiver for the dipswitch code.

It doesn't look like the canopy at the ceiling is large enough to contain a receiver which means it's most likely built in to the motor unit.

You'll need to arrange for a ladder to access it so it may make more sense to just replace it.

Old 08-10-17, 08:08 PM
R
Thanks Pjmax,
I haven't gotten around to buying a new 12' ladder yet to get up there and tear into it,and I don't know the neighbors well enough yet to borrow one. I kinda figured the best bet would be to just go get a new one but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Old 08-10-17, 08:19 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,893 Upvotes on 3,490 Posts
It's never easy. I have a 12', 14' and 16' ladder. Can be quite a job.

Old 08-11-17, 11:12 AM
R
Sounds like you're equipped to handle pretty much anything. I just moved 1200 miles after retiring and a lot of my stuff got sold,left behind, or given away. As the need arises I'm buying new replacements so first up is a ladder then a new power washer. It never ends!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: