Lutron dimmer stopped working - disrupted circuit?

Old 10-12-17, 11:34 AM
Unhappy Lutron dimmer stopped working - disrupted circuit?

Background: I have 2 Lutron dimmers (placed next to each other) in my kitchen - 1 for upper cabinet lights & 1 for under cabinet lights. The cabinet lights are the Aurora 4 cabinet light and have 3 switch options (off, I & II) - I have 12 light panels total (6 upper & 6 under).

Issue: The other night I had both dimmers on, and wanted to turn off one of the under cabinet lights (leaving the other 5 under lights on). I manually turned off the light at the source. When I turned off the 1 light, all 6 bottom lights went out as well as the dimmer led lights. The upper cabinet lights (& dimmer) still work.

Attempted Fixes:
1. Checked the breaker box - nothing blown, but tripped the breaker just in case
2. Unplugged the lights from the light I manually shut off & tried the dimmer again

I can't help but think I'm missing the easy fix. I'm hoping it has something to do with a disrupted circuit - it seems as though the lights were "daisy-chained", but I can't think of anything else to try right now (other than calling an electrician, which I would like to avoid). I also really don't want to have to remove the dimmer unless I need to replace it. The builder installed it in a manner in which removal renders it basically useless.

Thanks in advance!

Affected Products (older versions of the following):
Lights: Aurora-4-Light-Bronze-Under-Cabinet-Light
Dimmer: Lutron-Maestro-150-Watt-Single-Pole-Dimmer

Last edited by PJmax; 10-12-17 at 08:47 PM. Reason: corrected non working links
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-17, 12:47 PM
Group Moderator
I also really don't want to have to remove the dimmer unless I need to replace it. The builder installed it in a manner in which removal renders it basically useless.
How does it render it useless? How is it installed?

Old 10-12-17, 08:50 PM
Group Moderator
I can't find any technical info on the lights you used. The depot seems to be the only place they're sold at. I'd bet on a defective dimmer.