Kitchen LED lighting - connection/wiring

Old 10-23-17, 06:25 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Kitchen LED lighting - connection/wiring

Previously in my kitchen (under the counters) we had neon lights (connected directly from the wires out of the wall), see the image.

Name:  22711593_836203916539084_802411059_n.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  45.1 KB

Now I have removed them and want to replace them with new LED light tracks, but the ones I found have a standard outlet connection.

Usually this is simple - pass the wires into a standard receptacle box and plug in the lights - done it a thousand times.

However, the lip under the counter is really small and cannot hide the size of a standard receptacle - so it will look really ugly - and I don't want to have wires coming down from under the counter plugged into the receptacles I use daily for my appliances.

So I am looking for a solution that will allow me to hide the wire under the counter top and somehow connect to my lighting... for example is there such a thing as a "slim" receptacle box (I have not seen one), or can I just connect a plug at the end like this:
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.2-pole-3-wire-grounding-plug-clamptite-hinged-design-15a-125v-nema-5-15p-orange-thermoplastic.1000806925.html

Any suggestions, ideas, recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Old 11-07-17, 10:14 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Power strip and/or lightrail

Iíve recently done the same thing. I wired a thin power strip under the cabinet and I also installed a light rail moulding to the bottom of the cabinet. Added a little extra room to cover the plug and looks nice

Old 11-07-17, 10:40 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,116 Upvotes on 1,895 Posts
Are you able to drill a hole in the bottom of the cabinet? Then mount your receptacle box in the cabinet and run the cord for your LED lights into the cabinet to plug them in.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: