Casablanca Ceiling Fan - Constant Tone once switched on

Old 12-30-17, 09:00 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Casablanca Ceiling Fan - Constant Tone once switched on

I've had a Casablanca fan installed for years, installed new in 2004. I'm not sure of the model#, but it came with a W-33 Inteli-touch Wall Switch, if that helps to narrow down the time-frame. Recently, with nothing having been done, it started to emit a solid tone as soon as I powered it on. I tried swapping out the switch with another W-33 I have from my upstairs fan. For two days it worked correctly, but now it's back to a solid tone as soon as I turn it on. Both the lights and fan operate correctly, but the solid tone continues unabated. The tone pitch does change as the fan speed increases, but instead of momentarily "beeping", it stays on forever. As such, the fan is practically unusable.

Appreciate any input.

Old 12-30-17, 09:42 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,892 Upvotes on 3,489 Posts
Not a very common problem. I believe that sound is controlled on the RMM (processor) board. I don't know how to positively confirm the problem. The RMM conversion kit to replace the RMM board is no treat to install.

casablancafanrepair/InteliTouchCommonRep/ConversionKit.pdf

This is from the Casablanca tech library. It doesn't directly refer to your problem but there is a customer service/tech number that would probably be worth calling.
Casablanca Fan Co. Factory Service Center - Do It Yourself Repair

Old 12-30-17, 08:19 PM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Thanks Pete. This is the only thing I could find that sounded like someone having a similar problem...
https://www.justanswer.com/electrica...touch-fan.html

But as you can see, the OP never followed up with any sort of resolution. The person who replied had a similar thought as you, that the RMM could be faulty.

I'll drop a message into Casablanca directly and see what I can come up with as a possible solution.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: