Garage ceiling lights went out. Breaker or light bulbs issue?

Old 01-22-18, 10:02 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Garage ceiling lights went out. Breaker or light bulbs issue?

I have 4 sets of Fluorescent bulbs fixtures in my garage ceiling and two sets went out. I found it strange that two sets went out at the same time. I'm wondering if this is a light bulb issue or a breaker. I did check the break box and did not notice none of the breaks for the garage were in the "off" position. I wanted to get some opinions here before I go and purchase 4 fluorescent bulbs, thanks.

Attached Images  
Old 01-22-18, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator
Received 7 Upvotes on 7 Posts
Are all the lights on one switch? If so, then it's not a breaker issue. It's possible they are connected so that a wiring issue at one also affected the other. Before buying bulbs, just swap them between a functional and non-functional fixture. If they light, then it's bulbs, if not, then it's probably wiring. Often, one bad bulb in a fixture will prevent the other from working. A good clue is the dark areas at the end of the tubes. If one has it and the other doesn't, try swapping out the darkened tube first.

Old 01-22-18, 11:30 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yes all lights are on one switch. The two fixtures have both bulbs not working at all as pointed out in the red arrows in my pic.
I'll try switching with a good light bulb first.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: