How to replace halogen bulbs in Pendant Lighting

Old 03-18-18, 07:45 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb How to replace halogen bulbs in Pendant Lighting

Hello Folks,

I'm trying to replace the halogen bulbs in an Estiluz T-1158 pendant lighting. The bulb seems to be in a glass casing and I can't seem to figure out how to get it out and replace it.

This is the first time I'm doing it since buying the house and was caught a bit unawares on how to do it. I appreciate any tips to replace the bulb.

Thanks.

Attached Images  
Old 03-18-18, 01:41 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,950 Upvotes on 3,543 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

That looks like a glass cover over the quartz tube. You either hold the two tabs and pull the glass lens straight off or it needs to slide to one end to remove it.

The replacement bulbs are quartzline bulbs. You'd probably need a 120v 300w or 500w depending on what the fixture specifies. The tube is held in by a fixed end socket and a spring loaded socket. The tube is slid towards the spring loaded side and the other end will come out first.

Name:  qb2.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  15.4 KB

Old 03-18-18, 03:04 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PJmax
Welcome to the forums.

That looks like a glass cover over the quartz tube. You either hold the two tabs and pull the glass lens straight off or it needs to slide to one end to remove it.

The replacement bulbs are quartzline bulbs. You'd probably need a 120v 300w or 500w depending on what the fixture specifies. The tube is held in by a fixed end socket and a spring loaded socket. The tube is slid towards the spring loaded side and the other end will come out first.

Attachment 91663
Thanks Pete. That helped and I was able to change those bulbs.

Appreciate your advice.

Regards,
Raj

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: