Two Fans/One Switch: Fans spinning in opposite directions.

Old 03-28-18, 02:19 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Two Fans/One Switch: Fans spinning in opposite directions.

I installed two Emerson Carrera Grande Eco (CF788) fans in my great room. The fans came supplied with the Emerson LED 6speed wall controller (SW605). Once installed (single-pole), keeping the code switches all turned to the ON position, the fans would spin BUT in opposite directions. One spinning clock-wise, the other spinning counter-clock-wise.

These fans do not have a pull chain and and I firmly believe the direction is controlled by the included wall switch.

I have no idea where to begin.

Obviously I would like the fans in the same room to spin in the same direction. I called/emailed Emerson but I was put on hold for longer than I appreciated and have not received a return email.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 03-28-18, 02:32 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,899 Upvotes on 3,495 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

You purchased two fans that each came with a controller and you are trying to run two fans on one controller. Does the control have reverse on it ?

You may have to disconnect power to one of the fans and change the direction of the connected one. Now re-power both of them. I don't see any info on one control running two fans. It is possible but just not addressed. You need to get the fan synced and then they should work.

Manual...........
emerson/Documents/OwnersManuals/CF788-CarreraGrandeEco.pdf

Old 03-28-18, 02:39 PM
R
Yes, each fan came with a controller. The controller has reverse on it, which works, but it reverses two fans that are already spinning in opposite directions. What searching Ive done on the controller seems that it should be able to do what I want from it. Apparently it can handle 1.0 amps and the fans only utilize 29 watts a piece.

Old 03-28-18, 07:35 PM
R
It worked. Disconnected on, flipped the rotation and reconnected it and it worked!

Old 03-28-18, 07:45 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,899 Upvotes on 3,495 Posts
Good news..... great job.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: