Help me please

Old 04-09-18, 08:15 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help me please

Hello,

My personal sleeping rooms possess two 3-Way changes that manage the connect electric outlet about the walls. Most probably with regard to make use of having a light or even nightstand. 1 change in the entrance as well as an additional in which the mattress most probably had been.

Loved ones desires the actual changes to manage the actual roof enthusiast as well as lighting rather. Is actually this particular the do-it-yourself work? Iím pretty confident with electric fundamentals.
We for just one, 'm not really towards the concept.

Is actually an additional choice simply to operate another collection and also have a second change in the entrance producing everybody pleased. 1 change to manage the actual roof gentle and something change to manage the actual light electric outlet?

Old 04-09-18, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator
Received 393 Upvotes on 321 Posts
Can't understand a word you're saying. Nothing makes sense. I'll give you 24 hours to rephrase, in proper English please, or this post will be deleted!

Old 04-10-18, 05:23 AM
H
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sorry, I am not good at English. I just want to say that my bedrooms have 2 3-Way switches which control a plug outlet on the wall. Presumably for use with a lamp or nightstand. One switch at the doorway and another where the bed presumably was.

My family wants the switches to control the ceiling fan and lights instead. Is this a diy job? I’m fairly comfortable with electrical basics.
I for one, am not in favour of the idea.

Is another option just to run a separate line and have a 2nd switch at the doorway making everyone happy. One switch to control the ceiling light and one switch to control the lamp outlet?

Old 04-10-18, 05:55 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Pictures of room would help. Not usually a easy job depending on how how wiring is run . Do you have a attic above room?
How To Insert Images

Old 04-10-18, 06:36 AM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Is this a new install or is there an existing ceiling box? Install of new fan rated ceiling box may be easier.

We would need to know the wiring at the receptacle and both switches also.

Do you want separate switches for fan and light? That would require new switches.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: