Help!! I canít identify this light.

Old 05-08-18, 10:39 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help!! I canít identify this light.

Hey guys. Bought a storage unit and am at a loss for what this is. Iím assuming itís industrial lighting of some sort, Iím hoping someone on here can shed some light. Also, whether or not this bad boy is legal to own or sell!?

Attached Images  
Old 05-08-18, 11:43 AM
Received 77 Upvotes on 72 Posts
That is a HID (High Intensity Discharge) fixture (Looks to be Metal Halide of about 400W)

It is made to mount on a pole for lighting a parking lot or other areas with those type of poles but not usually used for lighting streets

They are legal to own and sell so there is nothing wrong with having one (My guess it was probably replaced with LED)

Old 05-08-18, 12:55 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,107 Upvotes on 1,886 Posts
Lights like that are easy to come by these days as people replace them with LED's. Because of it's high power consumption and warm up time I would not bother installing it.

Old 05-08-18, 03:24 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yes it is 400W. So... if I do list this, what is the minimum I should take? Sounds like there wonít be much interest.

Old 05-08-18, 03:55 PM
Received 77 Upvotes on 72 Posts
Exclamation

I would say not less then $50

I would try to find a lighting enthusiast forum as I am a member of one and LED are frowned upon (Not reliable, too much glare and harsh light) as nothing is reliable as the old style magnetic ballasts and lamps

To me nothing beats the crisp white light of a Metal Halide lamp (LEDs have to much glare have a harsh light with too much blue).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: