Bathroom Ventilation Fan/Light Wiring help

Old 06-24-18, 05:47 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bathroom Ventilation Fan/Light Wiring help

When I moved into my house the bathroom fan was on a lightswitch next to the toilet, but only the light would turn on. I am hopeful that the prior owners got tired of the light and ventilation fan on one switch and changed the wiring so the fan wouldnt turn on.

I've attached pictures of the wiring. Only the red and blue are connected to the outlet switch. Any thoughts to see if I can get the fan working or is it wired properly?

Attached Images    
Old 06-24-18, 10:14 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Are there any wires in the switch box that are not connected? Any wires at the light not connected?

Old 06-25-18, 05:41 AM
J
The white wire coming from the fan/light and the white wire coming from the other knock out in the switchbox are capped together.

Old 06-25-18, 08:24 AM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
That isn't an unused wire. You are looking for a wire not used.

Old 06-25-18, 08:31 AM
J
In that case no. All wires are used in the switchbox. The knockout which appears to have the wires running from the fan/light are blue, white and green. The blue is connected to the light switch, green is capped with another green from the other knockout, and the white is capped with another white from the other knockout.

The only wires I see when removing the cover from the fan/light are white and black. I will have to go up in the attic to get a better look

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: