How do I access the fluorescent ballast?

Old 07-06-18, 12:46 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How do I access the fluorescent ballast?

Hello there! I need to replace the ballast on my light fixture because the buzzing is starting to drive me insane. My problem is I don't know how to access the ballast. This is a fixture from the early 90's. Here is a picture I hope someone can help me.
Attached Images  
Old 07-06-18, 03:31 PM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 27,753
Received 2,180 Upvotes on 1,950 Posts
Squeeze the middle of that black clip with a pair of pliers and rotate it 90 degrees. Do that to the clip at each end of the fixture. Then pull down on the long flat bottom piece of the fixture.

I hope you are converting the fixture to LED...

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: