Replacing 2 single pole switches with 1 Caseta Dimmer & 1 PD-6ANS-WH switch

Old 07-08-18, 01:08 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Replacing 2 single pole switches with 1 Caseta Dimmer & 1 PD-6ANS-WH switch

Hi - Quick wiring question. I currently have a two gang electrical box with two single pole switches. One switch controls a light (right switch) and the other controls a fan (left switch). I want to replace the current fan switch with the PD-6ANS-WH (i.e. the PD-6ANS-WH non-dimming switch) and the other single pole light switch with the Caseta dimmer (P-PKG1W-WH-R). When I look at my current wiring setup, I am not sure which wires are hot and which are the load wires. The image on the right below shows my current wiring setup and it looks like I have 3 hot wires (not sure though). The switch on the left (in the right image below) is the current switch for the fan, the switch on the right is for the light. The switch on the right looks like it has 2 hot wires connected to it (i.e. the two screw-terminated connections on its right). Presently, all three ground wires are terminated together and separately all three neutral wires are terminated together.

Image on the left shows the fan switch (and its wiring) I am looking to install (green = ground, red = load wire, black = hot wire, white = neutral, blue = 3-way connections).

How should I wire those three (which are presumably hot wires) to the two Caseta Wireless switches I am looking to install?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Name:  CurrentSwitchSetup(Comments).jpg
Views: 612
Size:  90.7 KB

Name:  Fan Switch.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  78.4 KB

Name:  CurrentSwitch_relabeled.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  61.9 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 07-08-18 at 05:27 PM. Reason: added labeled picture
Old 07-08-18, 05:35 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,982 Upvotes on 3,574 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The right switch for the light I labeled LOAD/A.
The left switch for the fan I labeled LOAD/B.

So for your connections..... both devices black wire get connected to the same hot wire.
The red load wires from the devices go to the LOAD wires.
The two white wires go to the neutral splice.
The two green wires go to the ground splice.
The two blues get capped off and are not used.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: